Back in August of last year, I reported that an appellate court in California found that Amazon.com could be sued for products liability for the value of injuries caused by defective goods sold on its website by third-party vendors. See here.
Today I am writing to let you know that the same issue is now before the Texas Supreme Court. Courthouse News Service is reporting that the issue is before the court in a case centered around a remote control battery swallowed by a 19-month-old child. Go here for more information.