Thursday, September 20, 2012

New interview with the director of the movie Hot Coffee

Remember the movie "Hot Coffee"?  It was released at the Sundance Film Festival about two years ago and then had a run on HBO.  Along the way it became an instant source of debate on tort reform.  It was praised by those who oppose tort reform and criticized by those who support it.  I, on the other hand - although I generally oppose tort reform - think the movie is weak.  But you have to see it for yourself.  I think it is weak because it is just not a particularly good documentary mostly because it tries to do too much.  It attacks several different issues and does not do a particularly good job of connecting them.  I still think you should see it, but I don't think it is one of the great law related documentaries.  For a list of my favorites, go here.

In any case, I am bringing this up again today because the director of Hot Coffee recently recorded a new interview for the folks at the Legal Talk Network.  You can access the audio here

For those of you who don't know the background about the movie, or who want more information and links to many of the articles and opinion pieces (both for and against the movie) you can take a look at my previous posts on the movie:

Hot Coffee at the Sundance Film Festival 
Hot Coffee on HBO 
Interview with the director of the documentary "Hot Coffee" 
Two articles on hot coffee and tort reform
Not everyone likes hot coffee
More hot coffee for you 
Two comments in one
Debate on the movie Hot Coffee

No comments: