Thursday, August 25, 2011

Documentaries

In my post about the West Memphis Three earlier today I mentioned the documentary "Paradise Lost,"  which I highly recommend.  It was also included in the list of "50 Documentaries to See Before You Die."  This is the title of a series in the Current TV cable channel that has been running this month.  I am a big fan of documentaries and the selection of "the 50" so far has been very good, but I don't think they are going to include all of my favorites.  So here is my list of the best law related documentaries I have seen, in no particular order.  I encourage you to look them up.

Four Little Girls

William Kunstler: Disturbing the Universe

Paradise Lost

Brother's Keeper

Incident at Oglala (here)

Waco: rules of engagement

Cheney’s Law (here)

The Thin Blue Line

The Trials of Henry Kissinger (here)

Terror’s Advocate (here and here)

The U.S. vs. John Lennon

The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Ellsberg and the Pentagon Papers

The Chair

Chicago 10
 
 
Now is your turn.  What law related documentaries do you recommend?  There are two more documentaries I would like to mention but I have not seen them yet:  The Trials of Darryl Hunt and Hot Coffee.  They are on my list of movies to see soon...

No comments: