Friday, November 20, 2009

Court finds govt was negligent in New Orleans leading to damages during hurricane Katrina

I admit I must the last person reporting this news item, but I have been trying to work on my final exams so I have a decent excuse for being late. Also, being late allows me to give you more links for you to go get the original stories.... and I can get back to my exam writing.... So here is the, by now known by everyone, news: A federal judge in New Orleans has concluded that the flooding of St. Bernard Parish and the Lower 9th Ward during Hurricane Katrina was caused by “monumental negligence” by the Army Corps of Engineers for not maintaining the levees that collapsed. For the full story and commentary go here, here and here (all of which have even more links).

No comments: