Professor Alberto Bernabe -
The John Marshall Law School
Monday, November 5, 2012
Update on the Aurora theater shooting fund plan
According to a protocol engineered by "special master" Ken Feinberg, whose handling of the BP oil spill fund was quite controversial (see here and here), the families of the twelve people who died in the Aurora theater shooting and the victims who were brain injured or paralyzed will split 70 percent of the $5 million left in the Aurora Victim Relief Fund, while those who suffered less severe physical injuries will share the remaining 30 percent. Torts Today has more details and links here.